This ayurvedic tea is an anti-insomnia and anti-stress sleep aid we all can use.
Infused with herbs, spices and flour petals, this lovely concoction not only has a lot of health benefits most of us are looking for, but it's the rock star of tea. It's like spring in a cup. 🌸💙
Brew a cup of Butterfly Pea Flower Tea by steeping 1 tablespoon of dried butterfly pea flowers in 1 cup of freshly boiled water. Steep for at least 5-8 minutes. While your tea is steeping, steam 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk (I use coconit or oat milk) and pour this into your brewed cup of Butterfly Pea Flower tea. Stir in a tablespoon of lavender simple syrup, honey, maple syrup or agave.Top with dried rose petals, lavender buds and a few dried butterfly pea flowers. Enjoy!
Thanks to Instagram and Pinterest, you can find several recipes to try. Just search #MoonMilk.
About Moon Milk ingredients and options
You can use dairy milk or plant-based milk. I prefer plant-based milk. Honey is also a sweetener that most of us have on hand.
- Coconut milk: This is an excellent option. Coconut milk enhances weight loss, boosts your immune system and is good for your heart. 
- Dairy milk: If you can have dairy, you'll get a 1-2 sleep punch by using can use dairy milk. It contains tryptophan, the amino acid needed in order to activate the neurotransmitter, serotonin. Milk also contains a small amount of casein protein that can help your body recover from any physical activity you experience throughout the day. 
- Oat milk: This creamy milk is a great alternative to dairy.
- Butterfly pea flower powder—this bright indigo tea is actually made from the flower petals of the butterfly pea flower and it’s packed with health-promoting antioxidants and flavonoids. Studies suggest that it’s brain-boosting effects and wide spectrum of neurological benefits can help with depression and reduce anxiety.
- Honey: When combined with milk, you get a dynamic sleep duo that is commonly known for being a natural sleep remedy. If you’re looking for another delicious night time elixir, try this soothing milk and honey recipe.
Some other favorite Moon Milk flavor combinations include:
- Milk + Cinnamon + Honey
- Milk + Chamomile + Agave Nectar
- Milk + Tart Cherry Juice + Vanilla Extract
- Milk + Turmeric + Cinnamon